Monday, August 30, 2004

New Home, New stuff

Am back after a 10 day hiatus. I moved into a new apartment on 24th. So for the past 5-6 days I am experiencing some peace and quiet and can go to sleep whenever I wish. Of course, the moving was a bit of work but the main effort is the unpacking. It is one thing to load and unload packed boxes and quite another to open them and redistribute all the stuff contained in them all over the house. It's like a reality jigsaw puzzle and though it's not terribly hard, it's a lot more work.
My new apartment though is University owned. So except for electricity everything is paid (including gas, local telephone and standard cable). My friend Sachin who lives in UCSD student housing became jealous as he doesnt get all this. In addition we can get cable internet for about $2.25 a month.
I am thinking of buying a computer. My friends want me to buy a laptop but it's beyond my budget, even the ones on ebay. I checked out desktops on the net and I think I will mostly settle for a Dell desktop for around $700. The problem is Dell charges sales tax even on it's online purchases. So I am also going to go and check out deals in Best Buy et al. Hopefully, I should be done by this weekend.